Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Who's Zooming Who?: Libertarianism and Corporatism

One thing I have learned is that any genuine Libertarian doesn't like at all the charge of Corporatism, and is ready to quickly argue that their theories mean a level playing field for all, and I take that at face value, as libertarianism is a philosophy, in so much as anyone should give a shit about politics, that I do appreciate. I have seen the benefits of it in some of the wilder places on earth.. but the world is a crowded place these days, and our action can have deep impact in unseen ways, and it's hard to just turn and set a course for libertarian utopia from a lot of the places we are right now as modern nations. I love that New Zealand deregulated and de-incentivized it's agriculture, and after about 5 years was flying high, but New Zealand is a small and prosperous place.
My appreciation stated, I want to offer a link to this PBS episode, which I could back up with personal insight into one of these mentioned Libertarian Organizations, 80% of which they say I would nod some sort of agreement to, but want to just let speak for it's self. Some of the best info is at the very end, so if you have patience, follow it through what might seem like a kind of Liberal introduction, and a lazy middle, as there is some compelling honesty here:
http://m.video.pbs.org/video/2296684923/
The Thesis that a libertarian can take away might be that they are being used, not to state the obvious, but it doesn't necessarily make them wrong.. but it is also hard for many people to see defiant Selfishness as a virtue if you are still going to drive the Queen's Roads..

No comments:

Post a Comment